As business grew for MMD Computer Center, they needed a simple but very effective way to keep track of the computer systems that they were servicing between their two stores. I developed a web application for them that was hosted on their website and coordinated all of their computer tracking needs.Feature Rich
The software was structured around the work environment of a computer repair shop, with sections of the software dedicated to the various important departments, such as the front desk or technician's room. The Computer System Tracker enabled employees to:
- Check computers in and out at the front desk.
- Prioritize tasks with colored fonts.
- Maintain computer status (including pending, holding and finished).
- Monitor the global queue of computers that are still in-rack, pending, holding and finished.
- View / Edit details on a computer while it is en queue.
- Search records of computers currently on hand as well as the archived records of computers that have already been checked out.
- Configure settings on just about every aspect of the web application as their business continues to grow, such as the technicians, store locations, computer manufacturers, computer types and even the racks where the computers are stored while they aren't being worked on.
- Customers can check the status of their computer by visiting a page on the company's website and entering their order number so they can always be up to date.